Breaking through the tempest/hatching out/a short history of the FDL.
The struggle for Indian freedom had been ignited fiercely. The District of Ahmednagar was also one of them. Countless pupils quitted their educations in order to plunge enthusiastically into the struggle of Prabhakar Kondoji Viz. Bapusaheb Bhapkar reputed Satha Viz. Bharatha laid the movement of the Indian freedom struggle in the district.
Com. J.K. Kakade, born at Mangrul Khurd in the drought-stricken area of Shevgaon and arrived at Ahmednagar to get an education, was greatly impressed by the situation. The company of these leaders laid, a moral foundation at the moment. Completing his law education in Pune and Kolhapur, he started his legal practice as an advocate at the district court in A’nagar as well as in Pathardi Taluka. In the atmosphere of against treaty against untouchability between the father of the nation, Mahatma Gandhi and Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar, FDL ( Dalit Dal or The Friends of the depressed league ) came into life in 1953. The primary school was started by admitting 10 untouchable (i.e. Harijan pupils) which flowered more in the future. About 1950 there were std 1st to std 7th classes around this period.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES
- To provide educational and social facilities to the depressed for their social and educational development. To work hard for stopping their exploitation and discrimination. To struggle for providing them the equal opportunity of progress and status in society.
- To establish and run Pre-primary, Primary, Secondary, Higher Secondary School and Colleges. To create more educational facilities for the depressed. To encourage them for seeking education and provide them free education.
- To develop and to run all the job-oriented educational programs and courses such as D.Ed. , B.Ed. Journalism, drawing, painting, and craft, etc.
- To establish and to run the medical schools and institutions along with health centers and hospitals.
- To provide books, notebooks uniforms, and institutions along with health centers and hospitals.
- To make the financial arrangements for the depressed pupils. To give the financial aids to the pupils for their present education as well as for their higher education in future.
- To establish and run the different hostels and boardings. To start and to run the different hostels, boarding, and Ashramshalas for the development of the depressed students.
- To honor the bright students, who belong to the depressed class by felicitating them awards and prizes.
- To establish and to run the well-developed library and to encourage the students to take advantage of the library. To provide them books without charging any fees.
- To keep the buildings of Schools, Colleges, Hostels, Boardings, and Ashramshalas in a good condition. To maintain to repair and to furnish them regularly.
- To establish gymkhana for creating interest among sports and games. To starts various courses in sports, games, physical exercises, and martial arts. to arrange different, sports and games competitions. To provide sports facilities and playground for development of various games. To give training of sports and games to the girls for becoming them fearlessly. For achieving the above goal to arrange camps and seminars. To establish hostels for working women. To starts different courses in the field of computer and information technology. To take notice of brave and outstanding personalities in society.